pages

About     Shop     Contact

Spring sling!

Finally the weather is warmer and I feel so much better for it! I really don't like being cold at all and am the sort of person who wears cardigans in the height of Summer! It's lovely to wear just a couple of layers of clothing at the moment rather than what has seemed like about ten in the last few months! The nice weather makes me feel really excited about places to go and I'm itching for a day at the Seaside! 

This weekend I went a walk with Little Tea Cup and Mr Teacup (I'm sure he'll thank me for that title!) to a local park. We went there in Winter which was nice but of course, it looked a hundred times nicer with the sun shining. 



I carried Little Tea Cup in my new russian doll printed baby sling and was a bit worried about what she'd make of it as it was her first real outing in it. It turned out to be a success as she was much higher up than in the push chair (obviously!) and could see loads more than usual. She was really intrigued by all of the trees and protested when I tried to turn her to look at other things! I'm going to try and use the sling more often, especially now that it's (fingers crossed!) going to be better weather for a while. 

Here's Little Tea Cup admiring the trees across the stream!



This type of carrier is a Sleepy Nico and it's soooo comfy! I have another sling called a Moby which is a stretchy wrap and is also really comfy but I think it's designed for slightly lighter babies than Little Tea Cup. She starts off quite high up and cosy but ends up somewhere around my knees after half an hour of walking! I will have to put it away and maybe it can be used again if we're lucky enough to have any more Little Tea Cups in the future! The Sleepy Nico is much more supportive for her and also a lot quicker to get her in a out of as it's just a case of using the buckles to clip her in.  

I really like using slings after being a bit unsure of them to begin with. It's great to be able to use escalators in shops rather than wait for lifts which are often really crowded. It's also lovely for Little Tea Cup to be closer to me and to be able to see more. Hopefully there'll be lots more trips to the park in it this Spring and Summer! 

1 comment: