pages

About     Shop     Contact

WIP box

During my maternity leave I had tons of time for making things. Ooodles of time! It was such a lovely way to spend those weeks of waiting for the baby to arrive. I sewed curtains for her nursery. I made little crochet toys and shoes for her. I sewed brooches and made bags for friends and family. I spent many a happy hour on Pinterest looking for ideas. I used to love wandering (or waddling!) around the haberdashery department in John Lewis admiring the pretty wool, buttons and fabric etc. I knew that when the baby arrived I wouldn't have any time for crafty stuff and thought I'd forget all about it for the time being....but now my little girl is here there are even more things I want to make for her and ideas whizzing around in my head! Except now my days are happily spent with Little Tea Cup and finding time to squeeze in time to craft is such a challenge! 

Now that Little Tea Cup is in more of a routine and goes to bed roughly at the same time each evening (the little star!) I've decided to take myself in hand and get organised enough with my free(ish) time to do a little bit of making.

Part of the problem with getting going again with crafting is that I always seem to want to start too many projects at once and as a result my little sewing room looks like a bit of a tip and I never know where to start! So I've decided to choose one project at a time that I HAVE to finish before I start another one. I feel lots more focused and am enjoying the time I get to craft much more now. 

To keep my current project easy to hand for when I get a moment, I've decided to use a w.i.p. (work in progress) box. I'm going to collect all of the materials I need for a project before I start and store it all in the box and that way I wont get distracted by all of my pretty fabrics and buttons calling for attention! 

So here's my latest project stored in my little w.i.p. box!



I'm really loving clouds at the moment so I'm making a cute cloud softie with a little family of rain drops to accompany it. I'm almost done and just need to add faces to the softies. I'll share photos of them when they're finished!












No comments:

Post a Comment